What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seems like simple effect - How to do this?

aaronSH

Hi guys,

Just registered. Great forum you have here.

Could anyone clue me in on how to create this effect?redblue.jpg
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
Looks like two images on two layers. Top layer mode is set at overlay or screen.

aaronSH

Sure, that makes sense. But how can I make each image/layer have that red and blue effect?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
What I see is a two layered image.... the ocelot cat in black and red and girl with more emphasis on blue on her clothing and hair.

My guess is the cat layer is on multiply mode.

The photos have to have an exact angle to get the girl's hair lined up on the cat's head and for the cat's stripes to be spot on the girl's cheekbones, lips and chin.

Good composition tho i would like the girl's profile shot more on the side so her eye would have lined up to the cat's.... then again the stripes wont line up nicely.....

Hope this helps you.

aaronSH

Ok thanks for the tips about composition but what I need is to know HOW to make each image have that red and blue effect.
Thanks again!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Depending on the cat image, I think the Blue and green channels are turned off so it leaves the red and black for the cat..... done before layering with the girl.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
As for the girl..... my guess the hair and clothing was colorized blue.

And probably for the cat.... adjustment on hue and sat / color balance to get that red and black.....

aaronSH

ok cool. so basically I need to open an image, convert it to CMYK and play around with turning different channels on and off?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
What I have here was an RGB popcorn image ... (lol... sorry couldn't find anything better).... converted to grayscale. converted back to RGB .... created a new layer fill with red and node set to darken....

View attachment 4091

so you have one layer element.....

now for a girl.... still looking.....

aaronSH

great! exactly what I was looking for. So you just did this by desaturating, back to RGB, and fill layers right?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Not desaturate....

convert the RGB image to greyscale (converting will lose the color channels).... convert back to RGB (but will still be in black and white ) .... fill a new layer with color and set the layer mode to darken..... flatten image.

When you have all the images needed.... create a new document and drag the new images into the new document. Play with the opacities , layer orders, and if need be, the layer modes.....

Last edited: