What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selecting, Resizing. Pasting Numerous times, quickly, easily - how?

abrogard

I had some manuscript music where the piece is spread over two sheets of paper and I would like to condense it down to one sheet.

If I cut all the white space out and reduce the size of the font and cut out the chord symbols below the stave it will all fit on one sheet, I know, I've done it before. In Paint Shop Pro. Very finicky, cut and paste.

Now I'd like to do it with Photoshop, hoping it'll be easier.

The way I'm trying to do it is like this:

I made a new blank image of the same size as one of the originals.

(That happens to be about 2300 x 3000 pix at 72 per inch. That makes the notional image about 31" wide, I know. Which is unreal. That's just what I found when I got the images. I don't know what to make of it. Obviously when printed on A4 some adjustments are being made by the printer. If I should alter something here to help with all that or find the optimum I simply don't know.)

Then I take a copy of one line from the original and paste the selection on a layer of the new image. Then I move it where I want it. Then I Free Transform and reduce the size a bit.

Then make a new layer on the new image and paste the next line.

then a new layer and then the next...

and so on.

There's eight staves (lines of music) on each sheet. So I'll be trying to squash 16 lines onto this one new image. So I'll have 16 layers.

Now this is working but it's fairly tedious and I feel pretty sure the photoshop gurus would zoom right through the job somehow.

If I've managed to describe the task well enough so's you can see what it is I'm trying to do can anyone help with perhaps a better method?

:)

Are the original files PSD? Then just select all layers and drag in the new image.
Also, dpi has no meaning other than helping the printer understanding how big you want to print the file, so you won't have to specify it yourself every time.

This is a month old post, you may not get a reply. They may have moved on from the project by now.

Back