What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shapes with rounded corners

sennsm

I have a custom shape that i want the corners to be rounded. can somebody tell me how to do that? thanks

ibclare

Queen Bee
You need to tell us more than that. What is your shape? Post an image for us to see. Click the tree icon on the reply box and browse to upload.

ChrisHPZ

Power User
I think the easiest way to round out the corners here would be to use the Elliptical Selection tool. Place your elliptical selection over the areas you want to round out, but be sure to align the selection exactly where you want it. When done, simply press the delete key on your keyboard. I've uploaded a rounded corner version you can use.

Another way, and somewhat more difficult way to do this is to use the pen tool. With the pen tool, you can make straight and curved paths at the same time. I do suggest you practice with this tool as it is one of the most effective of Photoshop's drawing tools that provides for the most control over your work.

How To Use The Pen Tool In Photoshop

shieldWithRoundedCorners.jpg

sennsm

thx. I dont really follow the one about the selection tool, but i tried out the pen tool and it is nice. I have been trying to use the pent tool more lately. it is difficult but very useful. especially for vector objects.