What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharpening one rounded edge.

Butters

Cant get the images I used to be able to get, so gotta go with lower grade.

Not finished, the only thing I'm keeping is the the guy with the cowboy hat (Richard Petty) and signature I did.

How do I clean up the cowboy hat edge, from his shoulder all the way around clean/sharpen up?

Thank You so much!!!
.psd attached.

h0sa.jpg

Attachments

• RP all layers3.psd
    20.1 MB · Views: 4
Probably went about it different from what others may offer...
Working with your PSD file - which is different than the jpg you posted - made a selection of Petty alone and placed it on a layer above the background.
Then selected the copy of Petty, chose Free Transform Tool, selected scale, and then sized up the Petty image about 2%.
Did some clean up with the clone tool...

rp edited.jpg

1670534242329.png

Probably went about it different from what others may offer...
Working with your PSD file - which is different than the jpg you posted - made a selection of Petty alone and placed it on a layer above the background.
Then selected the copy of Petty, chose Free Transform Tool, selected scale, and then sized up the Petty image about 2%.
Did some clean up with the clone tool...
That looks pretty damn good, nice job!!

Now.... how do I get the psd back you fixed up? :cheesygreen:

You can pick up the psd here -

Awesome, TY very much! And thanks for spending the time on it.

I'd assume if I (or someone) was really good at the curved line tool thats the other way. I dunno 🥴

Awesome, TY very much! And thanks for spending the time on it.

I'd assume if I (or someone) was really good at the curved line tool thats the other way. I dunno 🥴
The way I was first looking at it I could've used the pen tool to draw the selection but then I'd still have to deal with the white fringe around the edge. Cloning under the hat, for me, was just too sloppy. The entire figure had a fringe in any case.

So instead I just did an object selection, checked my selection, and just CTRL+J to a new layer. Then a slight inrease in scale to cover the white fringe.
As I mentioned, there are probably other ways to do it. Possibly there will be additional responses - it's a bit to play with... :)

Back