What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SILVER SURFER attempt lol

brandon skyy

I couldnt find an actual tutorial on the silver surfer, so i did what I thought was best just from scratch. Watch the video and let me know what you think, its only about 5 minutes! (high speed) i love making these videos now.

NEW FINISHED PRODUCT as of 5/19/11
silver-surfer-best-new-shit.jpg

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Very good. I like the way you use the brush and clone tool modes ( I think that's what I glimpse despite the fast pace) - and layer masks. Are you on a Tablet? I guess you are - not that easy with a mouse click.

I'm aware your videos are not meant to be a tute, but I'm sure a lot here would like to see what the final layers would look like at the end of the session to give an idea of what it took to do something like that. Unless its a trade secret, you think you can upload a screenshot of the layers? with a description of the layer modes?

All in all, your video ( and I'm sure, future videos) gives the PS viewer/user a behind the shoulder peek of a work in progress. Which is good. Tho fast paced, it gives ideas of how PS work is done - something that can inspire budding artists to do more.

Excellent work, Brandon.

brandon skyy

Very much appreciated. Yea the videos are just an added bonus, because i think its pretty damn dope to watch personally lol but also you can pick up on certain tools by watching even tho it is at a fast pace. but if this design or any other are in high demand to people wishing to know my techniques slowed down and explained, i dont think i'd have a problem doing a real explanation.

thanks for the words my dude. good feedback.

iDad

Guru
I don't like Music with tutorials Looks like more of a watch what I can do, than a tutorial Impressive but not something to learn by but thats just my opinion.

brandon skyy

smh. as it was stated multiple times above, this is not meant to be a tutorial. just a behind the scenes look at the starting and ending points.

iDad

Guru
smh?.oh I'm suppose to read too? .....That's what I've been doing wrong.lol

iDad

Guru
btw I did say "Impressive"

iDad

Guru
I'm taking a guess here......... you eat dog tags, right? lol

Paul

Former Member
How do you record the tut?
Loved the six pack by the way.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I know its your way to depict the surfer, but shouldn't he be like all white and silvery with not much facial detail?

Never did him before. Maybe I'll try this... but on a 3d program... lol.... (cheating LIZAD)..... lol....

brandon skyy

I know its your way to depict the surfer, but shouldn't he be like all white and silvery with not much facial detail?

Never did him before. Maybe I'll try this... but on a 3d program... lol.... (cheating LIZAD)..... lol....

if he didnt have much facial detail, i dont see how the client would enjoy the photo. as for it being white and silvery, im pretty sure my updated photo covers that.