What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site maintenance

hawkeye

Guru
Ever since your recent site changes I have been getting a pop-up and the site will not stop loading until I click stop. Maybe it's just IE9...again.

whats cross site scripting?

I have no idea, but when it pops up the ads on top of the page disappear and there is only a # sign remaining. Weird huh?

well of course you are going to get that, it's made by Microsoft, it's going to give you useless information and whatnot to make it seem like it's doing you a favour. get firefox man!

I have IE9 and that is not happening to me.

Interesting, it just started after the last site maintenance/changes and this is the only site on which it occurs. All other sites are completely normal.

if I am using IE9 I have to run it in compatability mode 1 of the icons at the end of the address bar IE9 is all silverlight based and has a lot of issues at the moment

Did you install the New Java update by any chance since I did that it was when I made the full transfer to firefox it messed up all sorts of sites for me with the new .net framework update on windows

Did you install the New Java update by any chance since I did that it was when I made the full transfer to firefox it messed up all sorts of sites for me with the new .net framework update on windows

No I didn't. And it isn't all the time. It kind of comes and goes. For the last few minutes it's normal again.

Last edited:
I just installed IE9 about an hour ago on Windows 7 and I'm not seeing any adds but no other problems, so far.
Lots of problems with IE9 and Vista on my laptop.

I have windows 7, 64 bit, IE9, on compatibility mode, and no problems with this site whatsoever right now, everything works like it usually does, it must be something else. :)

Hey guys, thanks for reporting the issue.

I don't normally use IE at all, so mine is all stock without any plugins, toolbars etc. - but I am writing this while using IE9 and I can't seem to be able tp replicate the issue. I see the ads just fine and I don't get any error messages.

I'll keep trying to figure it out though.

Ok, when exactly did this start? We didn't do any changes or maintenence within the last few days.

Like hawkeye said, it's sporatic..... about 3 hours ago when I experienced it. A few minutes after I switched to Firefox and replying to a message, the forum went off-line. Other US sites I was in was working fine.

Server issue?

Back