What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Skin Tone Match Help

stevieglick

Hey ya'll!

I photoshopped960A8389.png a guy into the picture but do not know how to match his skin tone with the other guys in the pic. Can anyone do this for me? I'm sure you can tell, but far left is the photoshopped individual. Thanks in advance!

Not too much to do - but first I'd reevaluate the image of the man you dropped in. Compared to the head size of the others, he's too large.
Isolate the man on a separate layer which you might have already.
As far as the color, I'd clip a levels adjustment layer to the man and bring the right slider over to darken his brights it a bit.
Then clip a curves layer to the man and darken the midtones slightly
Lastly, clip a hue and saturation layer to his image and bring the saturation down. Using the hue/saturation mask, invert it to hide the the adjustment, then using a brush, bring back the jacket.
BTW - I closed his jacket at the bottom with the clone tool. You can choose a different style.
Others might have some different thoughts/opinions on this - I did my best. :cheesygrin:
- Jeff
960A8389 edited.jpg

What my layers panel looked like:

1623077931712.png

Make a selection of the man's head. Add a curves adjustment layer. Double click the white eye dropper to set the white point, select an area as I show on the image. Make sure the mask is not active. (say no when it asks if you want this as a default color) Using the white eye dropper select a similar area on the other man's face. Adjust the layer opacity if needed and fine tune the mask.

Untitled-1.jpg

As per Hawkeye with additional attention to the size of his head via Transform/Scale and cloning out the overlapping portions of the layer below then adjusted the lighting
to match the gent beside him with selective curves adjustments.

Placed-in.jpg

Back