What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Sky station thingy

kiwi

Guru
C4D and PS using multi passes :)

Around 400,000 polys on a 15 inch monitor,hence making good use of PS :D

Its still very WIP.

Stu.

Hmm those walkways need tweaked for one..

And a couple of Dragon update pics for a model I am working on....sorry about the levels...

Hiya Stu, howzitgoin'?

I'd say that the syncro-mesh on the third gear was about to pop its clogs. ;)

I like that grungy texture on the left hand spiral cylinder column.
Is it a hand knitted bitmap job or an SLA procedural?

Auld Napalm Breath looks as if he is straining at the leash, desperate for take off. Better get him finished soon before he explodes. :rofl:

Cheers, Al.

Hey Stu, good to see you around Bud, how you been doing?

You seem to fast becoming a 3D Master, great work Stu I really like you gear ratio 8)) :rofl: :rofl:

Rantin Al said:
Hiya Stu, howzitgoin'?

I'd say that the syncro-mesh on the third gear was about to pop its clogs. ;)

Nah I keep it well greased bud :)

I like that grungy texture on the left hand spiral cylinder column.
Is it a hand knitted bitmap job or an SLA procedural?

Its a combination AL of good specular,diffusion map and the right key light to get that effect....normal shader I made..

Auld Napalm Breath looks as if he is straining at the leash, desperate for take off. Better get him finished soon before he explodes. :rofl:

Cheers, Al.

Rick said:
Hey Stu, good to see you around Bud, how you been doing?

Thanks Rick :D

Not the best bud,which is why I have not been around very much.I feel really guilty about not helping more but most of the time now I am exhausted.Actually the guys are lucky I dont still tutes now...hahahaa :rofl:

You seem to fast becoming a 3D Master, great work Stu I really like you gear ratio 8)) :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers Rick.

I just set up my new puter last night {waiting for an update though},I went from a 15 monitor,to a 19 inch NEC LCD,and a 400mhz - to dual 2ghz,plus a 9800 Pro from a Rage 128,so I am doing a lot of oooh and ahing at the moment :D

Now I will be able to stay online as well for a change :)...old modem was also dieing.

nice gears there Stu... holy frig but that's quite the contraption... wouldn't want to walk by it when the operators in a cranky mood :D

cool specs on the new rig... man that's going to be some fun to work with :) Lucky dog you :D

Here I thought I was doing good just getting me a GForce 2 card... haha.... card works ok, speed is good, but the color just isn't the same as my ole ATI card.... good on you with a 9800 :)

ttys :)

Well, I am happy you decided to start up the "new" puter after all. Life goes on, and we don't live on a cozmick time-scale, do we?

I remember way back when you started that dragon. Man, you put up a hell of a fight, but the result is astonishing.
I also like the contrast from fantasy to sci-fi.
While the dragon is to be textured and evt made poseable, the scifi-scene is part of a story already. More the real core scifi stuff, style Van Vogt and Asimov than the likes of Zelazny of Vance. Just to name some of the elders.

Good work and great to hear you will be able to join the Web more easily.
As for the fatigue: all ol'Saturn wants you to do is to give form to the deepest depths of your imagination. The fatigue is part of that. The Alchymists associated lead with that force.

Sorry for preaching: you know me... [saywhat] [innocent] :D B7

gidge said:
nice gears there Stu... holy frig but that's quite the contraption... wouldn't want to walk by it when the operators in a cranky mood :D

cool specs on the new rig... man that's going to be some fun to work with :) Lucky dog you :D

Here I thought I was doing good just getting me a GForce 2 card... haha.... card works ok, speed is good, but the color just isn't the same as my ole ATI card.... good on you with a 9800 :)

ttys :)

Cheers Gidge :D :perfect:

I just realized the cards gpu is just a smidgeon slower then the old puter :rofl:

That sky thingy is driving me nuts,has to little bevelling on to many parts,thought I could cheat... :D

Erik said:
Well, I am happy you decided to start up the "new" puter after all. Life goes on, and we don't live on a cozmick time-scale, do we?

I remember way back when you started that dragon. Man, you put up a hell of a fight, but the result is astonishing.
I also like the contrast from fantasy to sci-fi.
While the dragon is to be textured and evt made poseable, the scifi-scene is part of a story already. More the real core scifi stuff, style Van Vogt and Asimov than the likes of Zelazny of Vance. Just to name some of the elders.

Thanks Erik ,that Dragon has been a journey and a half,ff and on thats probably prototype 20 something like that.I kept on over reaching my skills in the beginning,then I out grew my rig and that held me back for a while.It has no horn under the jaw now,and the ear horn is going to be tweaked as t will be easir to do now.

Good work and great to hear you will be able to join the Web more easily.

Ya 10 repeat attempts to get online each morning {sometimes more} got very tedious indeed,am finding I type even quicker now as I still think I am going to get chucked hahaha :D

As for the fatigue: all ol'Saturn wants you to do is to give form to the deepest depths of your imagination. The fatigue is part of that. The Alchymists associated lead with that force.

Ok well Saturn is in line for a smack in the mouth then :)......

Sorry for preaching: you know me... [saywhat] [innocent] :D B7

No prob :D

Back