What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slice thing won't close

Sanby

Power User
I sliced an image in photoshop 7. When you initially draw a slice, it creates a greay square along the outline of the whole document with to littl pictures in the top right corner. That's all fine and dandy but I have it on all my documents now and it is a huge pain when trying to do something like an 88x31 link button, b/c it obscures most of your view. can someone plzzzzzz help me? I AM GOING INSANE!!!!

Sanby

I have never actually used the slice tool [saywhat] ,but try VEIW >SHOW SLICES once more.Once you have giudes etc upon the doc window just reselect again from the view menu to get them to bugger off again :D

hth

Stu.

That doesn't work because I don't acctually have any slices.

Sanby

Sanby ... you need to switch off slices through the menu bar ... see pic below (I had same prob when I first got PS7:) )

HA HA!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! IT"S GONE

a was at the verge of ripping out my hair, it was driving me insane. thank you so much.

Sanby

Quick tip: To temporarily hide slices (or guides, or any other "extras" Cmd-H (PC: Cntrl-H). This is a toggle command; doing it again shows them.

That's agreat tip Julie. i use it also to hide the higlight on my text..

Ammar

Yes, discovered that Ctrl+H (hide slices) a while back by accident. Already used it to hide my text highlight.
Not that I use slices a lot, but it's quite handy for those moments when this slice icon pops up out of nowhere...again [confused]

Back