What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight error

Paul

Former Member
Sometimes when i save a image off the screen/ right click save as:

i get a info box pop up in photoshop saying file-format module cannot parse the file" Error

This only happens sometimes?

Paul

Former Member
Also, if i open the image in paint first then save it again it opens as normal in Photoshop?
All images are saved as jpeg files, i have tried variants but do not want to play?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Weird, no clue, never had that happen. But if you find out, it would be good to know, just on the chance that it could happen to someone (self included) we could help at another time.

However, I frequently just click "copy" & paste into doc rather than save as and never had problem there.

Paul

Former Member
just tried to save image as: of your avatar it will not open in shop, but will in paint?

Paul

Former Member
no just saying that even that did not work, but other images i save say off google etc all transfer normally into photoshop, weird?

SeniorS

Guru
Trying AW on someone Belial? :)

I got that error too. It's wierd but browsers keep telling when save as that avatar is gif but sometimes it don't. And i get that your error msg too.
Like lizards avatar is actual jpg not gif. So you have to try change extension to jpg or png. I haven't seen other format only theese three - GIF, PNG, JPG.
After right guess file opens without problem.

Paul

Former Member
Lol you got me mate, thanks for info though.

SeniorS

Guru
Welcomen!

P.S. i fought myself with that in AW. Still mystery why it's problem for browser to recognize image format for avatars if there isn't problem with other pictures. Must be PSG issue.