What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Object/Warp Question

trish7210

Hey everyone!

I am a Paint Shop Pro girl and decided to give CS5 a go, starting last night. I have been watching some tutorials and have 2 questions!

1. Smart Object is a great tool for non-destructive resizing.....is there ever a reason not to use it?

2. I am trying to figure out how to warp a full image. If I try to do it to the original picture, it just says "initial bounding rectangle empty". If I select the entire photo or if I add a layer and am able to CTRL+T and warp, but then it warps only that layer - not the full image. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks very much, it's great to meet you all. :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi trish and welcome to PSG.

I always try and use Smart Objects when I can or when indicated. They do have a few drawbacks that I encounter occasionally. But when I have an element that I'm going to be resizing or altering a smart filter effect often, then I will convert it into a SO.

Not sure how to answer your warp question. The Warp feature only works on a selected layer. If you wish to warp multiple layers you will have to combine/merge them. I would copy them first or merge/stamp visible layers into a target layer (Shift + Option/Alt + Command/Control + E).