What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smearing paint effect

Ekmeh

Hi there,

I was wondering how one would go about making an effect like this:
2018-04-28_20-22-46.png

(also if anyone knows the font used here that'd be great too). Or something like these backgrounds: https://www.youtube.com/user/CloudKidOfficial/videos (

I like all of them, just wondering about the general idea or maybe a plugin/effect that does this).

Thanks in advance!

You can do this with Liquify in Photoshop

Exactly what I'm looking for, I should've known this because I've used liquify plenty of times to blur stuff out. Thanks alot!

Edit: while we're at it, how'd one go about automating this like in the Cloudkid videos? Not really what I want to do but just out of curiosity.

Can be done in After Effects. I never animate something similar like in the Cloudkid videos but from what I know it is a combination of Distortion/Displace effect + Colorama and some script in order to react to music.

Back