What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoothen out text/notation?

Olenr1

Hi all you gurus!
I am pretty new with Photoshop
Is there any (easy) way to make text, or in my example notation/chords from a scanner more smooth and readable?
This is scanned in 600 ppi, i have tried 1200 ppi but it only looks different kind of bad. I would like to remove the "Castle-bumps"

Olenr1
Problem_01.jpg

Don't know if you'll ever get it perfectly sharp without resetting it - but I took a try at it using blur and curves. Had to upscale it first and then reduce to post here - don't know what your eventual use is or how man of these images you have to edit.
music edited REV.jpg

HI @Olenr1
Post processing an image is best when staring with the best possible scan.
If possible, please scan in 8 bit per channel RGB color and save to PNG format. (JPEG has compression which may make it harder). That might give more options than scanning in B&W
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

as above - best possible quality to start off. not sure what scanner you're using, but if it doesn't have png, it might well have tiff.

then post a sample here again, at full quality, or link to...

Back