What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMUDGE TOOL is so slow!!!

mangoman

My smudge tool is so slow, i only use one layer settings

and I have like the best laptop, with haswell 8gb ram and nvidia 770 card

adobe cc smdge is so slow, especially if you make the big brush

and my friend uses 4 years old desktop and have no problem wiht smudge tool at all

Exit Bridge if it's on.

Make sure you tick the Spacing off under "Brush Tip Shape" in your Brush panel.

Some tools work slow on a laptop. This may depend on your processor.

Liquify has the consistency of licorice on my laptop, Smudge tool may also run slow even on a desktop most especially if you're using a big brush or thumb on a huge area.

Canvas size and resolution slow the Smudge tool down. Don't use soft brushes. Try to work with the fewest amount of layers possible. Close any windows you don't need. Close the navigator window in Photoshop if you have it open.

There is no comparison a laptop no matter how good specs are will always struggle against a full system, However you will learn over time how to optimise settings to suit your hardware.

1 thing I have learnt with many prebuilt systems they come installed with Norton or Mcaffee on them they use a lot of the same processes as photoshop on your system and they grind your computer down they are so heavy to run. my advise would be to get a decent anti virus if you need 1 (everyone should have some form of protection these days) I recommend Bullguard or Bit Defender they are ranked high but specifically designed for people that need power on their PC so they use hardly any resources.

Since 2 years after starting to use win 7 default antivirus I had no problem with voruses whatsoever. None, zilch. Before I used notron or nod32, always cought a virus somehow and had to reformat disk

so microsoft antivirus is free and is also amazing, I will not use any other antivirus again

Back