What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smudge Tool Spacing Not Working

zestyzany

Hello!
When I adjust the Spacing option in the brush panel while using the Smudge tool, nothing happens.
oKWtumK.png
I'm using the default hard round brush on 50% strength, with Scattering turned on, as shown below. Finger Painting is turned off.
voigcGE.png
I'm on a Mac OS X Sierra with Photoshop CS5 Extended. I had Wacom tablet drivers installed, but I deleted them to see if they were causing the problem (they weren't).
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Just a thought but have you tried resetting tools

Untitled.jpg

If that doesn't work try resetting PS preferences
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

zestyzany

Hello!
I've tried both suggestions, and unfortunately, neither fixed the spacing problem.
Thank you for your reply!

Last edited: