What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so confused!!!

thedirtyknapkin

Power User
well...

my brush is suddenly being completely crazy

here are my settings

ScreenShot2012-02-28at70652PM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-28at70646PM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-28at70639PM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-28at70628PM.png

here is a cluster

ScreenShot2012-02-28at70433PM.png

here is a single one
ScreenShot2012-02-28at70354PM.png

this is on the top layer, one normal mode, with no masks. the brush is also on normal

this is the forground
ffea00

this is the background
ffcc00

I dont see what the problem is are you just trying to get it to the 2 colours if so you need to turn off the colour control in colour dynamics

I just looked at it and even with colour control off I have no where near the same effect as you
what is your brush mode set to

Ok the only way I can sort of mimic your results is if I put the brosh mode to exclude or similar settings

If switching your brush to normal does not fix it try resetting your brush tool or your preference file

well it was already on normal, and i tried reseting the preferences, but it still happens

i've used similar settings before, and this was the result
scarletletterdisplace.jpg

ScreenShot2012-02-28at80639PM.png

Attachments

• scarletletterdisplace.jpg
    scarletletterdisplace.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 4
That does not look like it has colour dynamis enabled rather just 1 colour with a few darker strokes on top.

But if you want it in brush settings to do it automatically You must have some kind off corrupted document or photoshop as this is my screen shot you may have to click it twice to get full size and seems to have a slight fade between the different shades of yello
Capture.PNG

unless i am missing something then yes it looks corrupt your brushes are all pixelated but that could be just the zoom though

well...

just reinstalled it, but when i re-opened the file, all of the same settings were there, and it still has this issue

i give up...

i guess ill just not use the color dynamics tool

unless someone else has a solution...

Yeah it keeps your preference files unless you manually delete them have you reset your preference file

just un-check color dynamics, then you should get a straight black brush.

To keep it this way, make sure you have this brush selected, right-click on your canvas, hit the little arrow in the top-right hand corner of the pop-up window that appears, choose 'new brush preset...'

then give it a name

now when you switch brushes, and later want to come back to this particular brush, just choose the one you just saved and it should be fine

Back