What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Softwarebox

stOrM!

Hello again I would also like to know how to make the Softwarebox... Mostly interested in, not how he did the 3d effect, more interesting to me is what colors he used for the filling of the box, maybe someone knows?

kindest regards
s!

Lee

Guru
I like your glass avatar, storm. Sorry I can't help you make that box. One of the guru's will be around shortly. ;)

Come to think of it, I can make a box it you want to look at it straight on but somehow I really don't think that's what you had in mind. :D

stOrM!

re

Hello Lee thank you!
The Glass was my first try doing anything in Photoshop...
I work now for 2 weeks in Photoshop and the Tutorials on this side helped me a lot to have a great start thought...

kindest regards
s!

wbiss

Guru

theKeeper

Guru
Mostly interested in, not how he did the 3d effect, more interesting to me is what colors he used for the filling of the box
Storm has pointed out that the actual effect is not really his concern, as much as deciding what colours to use.

Do this Storm, it'll make things like this much easier in the future...

Start out using a white to mid grey (50%) gradient, then simply apply the LEVELS filter to the parts and adjust the middle slider to the left or right until the shades are as light/dark as you want them to be.

stOrM!

Ah Ok I will see if that works for me...

Thank you everybody for your help and for all of your nice welcoms to me...

regards
s!

stOrM!

Ok this is I came up with, not bad thought, but far away from the real good quality of the original... :{

stOrM!

Thanks Lee! :)

But the original is much better really!
You will notice it, if you have a real close look at it...
Not sure what among of Noise he used seems to be a really fine one...
Also his grey looks a little bit like a very fine Metal thought need some fine tuning tomorrow I think

regards
s!

ljiljana

Guru
Welcome stOrM!
You are doing great so far with glass ball ant button ,and box looks very good. :} :} :)

stOrM!

Wow everybody is too nice to me here (I love it ;)

Bubble

Power User
Excellent work stOrM! ;)

Its wonderful to see that PS has 'hooked' another one... You're enthusiasm and dedication to working your way through all these tutes is fantastic. I can already see much improvement :}

Keep up the good work...

stOrM!

Thanx! B7

Yep it makes so much fun I just can't get enough...Probably it's the best way to learn running throw the best tuts and repeat ofthen...
That will make things clear thought!

But now I need to rest a little

kindest regards
s!

sPECtre

Guru
STORM, you should do as Mark suggested, but even better, use an Levels adjustment layer, so you can tweak the result, even disable, and adjust even more!

stOrM!

Hi :)

I will, can you please give me the shortcut for Level-Adjustments? Problem is that my Photoshop is different (not english version) its hard to translate or find Level adjustments then... but the shortcut will bring the right window to me...

kindest regards
s!

sPECtre

Guru
What version is it/language are you speaking?

You can click on the black and white circle in your layers palette, and select the equivalent of levels...

If you've got a selection loaded, the adjustment layer will have mask, so only the selected area will be affected... VERY useful! :perfect:

stOrM!

German...

Which entry I have to click on when I've clicked on then mentioned icon?
14 entry's are shown in the popup menu to me...

kindest regards
s!

sPECtre

Guru
I'd say the fourth one, first one after the separation line... you'll get a histogram...

stOrM!

Ic then it should be Tonwertkorrektur in German
if this is the right Window which should be shown then

[excited]

kindest regards
s!

sPECtre

Guru
exactly! you'll be able to adjust the strenght of the gradient!