What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Some help enhancing an image

dave_gilmore81

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and was after a little assistance. I've got an image of a pocket watch on a Jpeg file, and I'm trying to enhance it in a way that I can read the engraving on the back. I've tried everything I can think of to adjust the levels, invert the image etc. with no real luck. Unfortunately, this is the only image of the watch I have.

I thought I'd seek your views as to whether there's any other technique I could use to make the engraving legible?

I've attached the image.

Thanks in advance for your time
Dave

invert.jpg

dave_gilmore81

"Presented by Birds Eye Foods @@@ to ### A. Andrews for %%% Service <years>"
My guess.
Thanks very much - you've figured out more than I could. Did you adjust the image in some way? If so, are you able to share what the image looked like after you had?

polarwoc

Guru
I am curious to know what the other words are.

I used various adjustment layers and altered settings gradually to know different letters/words. No one setting assisted in identifying all words distinctly.