What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Space docking bay.

kiwi

Guru
This is a scene I am working on at the moment,am now knee deep in key frames [confused]

Used C4D and PS for multi passes.

800x 500 hence the zip and sit.

Stu.

Sigh...and my favourite colours as well...could also be under the sea.
Super. I'd only like to see a larger version as 800 wide isn't enpough for the details.
excellent!!

Awesome 3d Stu.... simply out frigging standing... this, like that cityscape you did, is really bordering on Cinemaphantasticism :D

I really like this piece a whole lot... listen, you have any wire shots kicking around?

Keep it coming man... I could view worx like this all day long :perfect:

Excellent Stu. :} Looking forward to the premiere of the animation. ;)

Cheers Al.

infact, thanks for the groovy desktop ;) :perfect:

It is so easy on the eyes, and cool to boot :D

So yea, thanks eh :}

Hey Al, you may produce the movie if you want to but don't forget that *I* and no-one else around here am the local alien who's to drive that spaceship!
Listen, as a compromise, I promise I'll beam you up as soon as I've found the right button.
Stroker's a Borg and Gidge can play a certain Vulcan.
But I'm gonna drive this ship.

'hello, planet Kiwi, you're there?"

"This is Sauron replying. Want a ring? I've got some spare ones fer yew."

Amazing Kiwi, Well done!
Hey Eric can I be the crewmen who always get killed on away missions? 3[

As a galactic anthropologist, I note that the Erikian culture had stylized their interstellar vehicles after sprogs, one of the predatory animals found only on their ancestral homeworld. Note the implication of paws, prominent proboscis and antennae reduced to a mere implication. Another parallel cultural response can be seen in the prehistoric denizens of Sol 3 (called Earth by the inhabitants) who stylized their rudimentary land vehicles, cars, after their prior mode of transportation, animals called horses. The similarities there can be most notably observed in the 'grill' (teeth) and headlights (eyes). One wonders if such evolutionary traces of transportation methods are a universal cultural phenomena?

8}

(Great image!)

Whatever Welles was saying, I agree 100%. \:]

Beaut render Kiwi!

Erik - Thanks man much appreciated :)....will mail you a larger one as soon as I get time to do the render,will take about 5 hours probably,due to all the volumterics etc going on.

gidge - Cheers James :D ,I can do a wire for you bud,it will be pretty busy though.

Glad you like the pic as desk top image :)

AL- Thanks bud,the ani premierre will probably be rendered in PAL after tweaking for putting on a show reel.I am going to include my older city and revamp it a bit now I have a lot more horse power and open GL etc.

Nitro - Thanks man :)

Welles - Its modelled off an Armadillo,a Sperm wahle,and a Stingray.

SCync - cheers

Stu.

Can I have a belt of whatever Welles is on, please? %}

Nitro Watch your back! I'm the innocent looking company rep assigned to your next mission.

PS I've sprouted tentacles and my zits are dripping molecular acid. Shame about Ripley, wasn't it? 8[

Thanks Rick :)

And a wire,sorry forgot to turn off the nurbs on the ship,so its more subdivided then it really is.

If anyone cant open the zip because they only have stuffit etc just yell and I will put one of those up as well.

Stu.

Got it in one Stu. Cheers.

Stuffit Expander handled the zip Ok.
If anyone has a problem, I'd suggest they download the latest version of Stuffit Expander, v8.0.2. There was an issue with v8.

Cheers Al.

Thanks Stu... geez, that new rig of yours sure does throw around some poly's eh? Yikes, my liitle box would have stutt ttt ttte er e dddd to a halt with that much geom... I bet you are one happy camper these days eh?

I like your "cinema" set like approach to this :D Like the false fronts on movie sets... so cool :perfect: Man, I can't get over how nice the final product ends up looking... like wow... great job Stu :}

gidge said:
Thanks Stu... geez, that new rig of yours sure does throw around some poly's eh? Yikes, my liitle box would have stutt ttt ttte er e dddd to a halt with that much geom... I bet you are one happy camper these days eh?

Cheers James :D

Ya its like a different world bud.An anology would be from one paintbrush to several,and lots more colours.

I like your "cinema" set like approach to this :D Like the false fronts on movie sets... so cool :perfect: Man, I can't get over how nice the final product ends up looking... like wow... great job Stu :}

I tried to use instances where I could to keep the scene managed,for instance if you have a row of lights always use instances,adjust 1 and all follow suit,save so much time.

Would have taken me forever to model it 1 piece :D,and seeing s the camera does not move much I dont need one piece.

What are you working on at the moment James?

I am sure glad that you are working this stuff out as well as you are Stu... your going gung ho with that new machine of yours... :)

....still working on my "secret modeling scene"

I am just plain slow is all :D

but... I should have something to show fairly soon now.. I dunno if it will be quite as nice as your docking port there, but yea, it will be pretty cool I think... :D

Back