What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spiral...

Bubble

Power User
Hi all... this is probably really simply answered, but it's eluding me at this stage of the day...

I just need to create a spiral. Is there a quick simple (say custom shape way [shhh] ) to be able to do this? or do i have to play with my pen tool etc...

Cheers, and thanks...

sPECtre

Guru
Yes

On the option bar, you can access the list of Custom Shapes. Click on the left facing arrow. Ans select the "Ornaments" Set, append it to your list. the beforelast one is a spiral.
hope this helps!

lindaw

Power User
Hmmm must be for pshop 7? I have 6.01 and don't see that as an option for shapes. darn!!! :(|

sPECtre

Guru
There sould be a list with all the shapes, no? and a way to load a new set of shapes, or my memory tricks me... but this shape might be new...

Stroker

Power User
Or my other favorite filter: Polar Coordinates.

sfm

Guru
here is a tissue Linda.......... you have missed so many things because you don't have 7 I know Linda from all of our emails........ just a thought....... but perhaps as people upgrade they could sell their old versions to others here........ I don't know if it is legal but you can buy old software (second hand software so it must be allowed)....... it is just a thought anyway :\
sfm

Erik

Guru
and then there is the difference between a logarithmic spiral and a normal one...which one do you want?

lindaw

Power User
:(| :(| Thanks Sue! Yeah I would love to have 7 but being in business for yourself, as you well know, means the budget is tight, tight, tight and right now no dough for the upgrade. The next proggie on the list is Xara which is a steal for the price. I guess by the time I can afford 7 vs 9 will be out :rofl: :rofl: :B

Bubble

Power User
Thanks for that guys... i did suspect that I could maybe do it with the twirl filter, but hadn't given it a go yet. And i'm only running 6, hopefully will be on 7 soon (can't wait, but until then :( )

And it didn't necessarily have to be a perfect spiral - its just for a presentation graphic, so near enough to good enough spiral is fine.

Will give these suggestions a go...