What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starfields and Space Imagery Challenge/tute

Raven

Power User
Once upon a time.... we had a link posted somewhere around here on how to make starfields, nebulas, planets,etc. in PS. I thought I'd post it again for any others who might want to experiment with PS painting of space scenes. http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_star_field.html

There's lots of cool ways to make the space scenes and fx -- give it a go, it's loads of fun too! :D

Here's one I painted in PS using some of the ideas in the tute.
---Maya
too_close_sm_677.jpg

ricib

Very nice Raven, and that's from someone who doesn't really care much about "space" scenes for some reason. Funny considering I'm such a nature person. Maybe they don't go hand in hand thoguh.

Anyway, nice work as usual. 8))

Raven

Power User
:D Many thanks for checking this out, Ric! I learned a lot from trying things/methods from this tute...so it can be used in many other ways besides doing space type scenes, etc. Hey, and there's no reason why people can't add other things and creatures to the space scenes too if they'd like...that would be great as well! ;)

Sean

Guru
Here's one I did. I was just messing around and experamenting.

Raven

Power User
:perfect: B7 Hey, very cool Sean!!! 8D That's got an interesting 3d sorta rippled/folded curtain of stars fx -- cool!!! :D

Hey Welles -- thanks too, :B now where is yours?! ;) :rofl: There's all sorts of possibilities here.... 8D

Welles

Guru
Raven said:
Hey Welles -- thanks too, :B now where is yours?! ;) :rofl: There's all sorts of possibilities here.... 8D

Sorry Raven, I don't have time just now. PS CS2 just got delivered and I'm going to install it right now. However here's a five minute cheat.

Raven

Power User
:rofl: :perfect: How COOL!! Hey Welles I just installed CS2 on my puter moments ago and got it registered -- IT WORKS 2!!! 8D No problems with it here, I don't see any slow down at all everything zips along like a flash and files open, etc. as they should --- OH GOODY GOODY!

Nice planet, Welles! :perfect:

Raven

Power User
:) Just had to create this doodle with PS CS2 when I got it this afternoon (gees, at first I thought I'd forgotten how to link layers as CS2 changed this! [confused] )...anyway, painted style/moonflowers was some of the inspiration with this one (they only bloom at night). 8[ 8[

Moth

Power User
Love the space pics. :}

Here's a quick picture to keep the thread alive. I may add more to it later when I have more time/

Raven

Power User
:perfect: Great Saturn-type planet, and I love the warm colors, and those also radiating around the bright sun nearby, nice composition giving the scene some vast expanse/distance/scale = nice work Moth!! :} :}

Raven

Power User
:D ...and some fun with the planets/moons.... 8D

Sean

Guru
Those are cool, optea and Maya. I really like your planets one; the little green ones in particular, but the big planet lacks texture. ;)
optea, that's an awsome first try. Needs more realism, but pretty good. :perfect:

Raven

Power User
:perfect: Nice going ooptea! I really like it! :}

Thanks too, Sean. :D

Moth

Power User
Excellent work.

Raven I love the one with the planets and moons.

ooptea, some of the lens flares show the cut off edge of where they were created then moved. Try placing the lens flares were you want them as you create them.

Keep working on the star fields. Yours seems too dense, like it's a solid object rather than a bunch of stars.

It took me several tries at creating starfields before I got the hang of it. :)

Raven

Power User
:D Thanks Moth! Yeah, it's rather addicting and certainly fun to keep working on the stars and such, and progress is made with each new image/ideas -- Sooooooo much FUN! 8D

Moth

Power User
I agree with you, Raven. Astronomical art is very addictive.

...Must make more... 8D

I trying a galaxy next. Just got to find a good photo reference so it looks right.

dug

Space Scene with 3Ds planet

Nice images guys......Space scenes are big in the 3D world as well as they are fairly easy for a beginner in the field to produce nice images.

This is an image of a space scene I did a while ago. I also did animation of flying around the planet which I thought was ok.....

Earth.jpg