What's new

Paid Sticker design change request - 10$+

Verificus

Price
I want to change a sticker sheet I have, I hope someone here can help me out.

I’ve added a sticker sheet as a picture. Originally, those bent rectangles that are purple, were completely purple. The purple that is left that you can see in the picture is essentially the “bleed” of the sticker. The white inside the purple is where the sticker used to be. The same goes for those yellow triangle things. I want to change the color of these respective two stickers (bent rectangle and triangle thing), so that I can send them to a sticker printing company for mass production. I need the stickers filled out/changed into the color that I want. However, it needs to be obvious to the sticker printing company what the sticker size of the bent rectangle and the triangly things is. Otherwise, the sticker company might print the sticker sizes incorrectly. That means that ideally, the “bleed” of the sticker is also changed into the color I want. For the triangle things, I want these to be a “leaf green” color and the bent rectangles should be a rose red color. I scanned this sheet with my printer on an a4 paper. I am not sure if this makes it so the sticker sheet is size-accurate. If it is not, please tell me what to do to provide a size accurate picture. I also noticed that the quality isn't super high. Not sure why this happened since I simply scanned it in. I don't want the stickers to look low quality once printed.

Does this make sense? I can provide more details if necessary.

For payment, depending on how long this task will take we can agree on an per-hour fee or a full project fee. I am new here. I looked up prices for expert Photoshop and their hourly rate usually starts somewhere at 5-10$. Ultimately, we can agree on a price that is fair for the amount of work done.

This job is not super urgent, but nevertheless I'd have it be done sooner rather than later, so I can provide the sticker company with the design they need to start printing, which will also take some time.

Thanks in advance!stickers dranzer.jpg

JeffK

Guru
If you really want this done properly and accurately presented to the printer, we need to know the sizes of the stickers you need. To that, typically a 1/8th inch bleed will be added.
We also need to know the file type the printer needs. Also if the printer will be printing in 4/C process or PMS colors.
For the triangles, are these 3 separate triangles or a single label?
The image you provided really can't be used - these would have to be rebuilt to the final printed size.

Verificus

If you really want this done properly and accurately presented to the printer, we need to know the sizes of the stickers you need. To that, typically a 1/8th inch bleed will be added.
We also need to know the file type the printer needs. Also if the printer will be printing in 4/C process or PMS colors.
For the triangles, are these 3 separate triangles or a single label?
The image you provided really can't be used - these would have to be rebuilt to the final printed size.
I am using the metric system so I will reply based on the measurements I took in milimeters and centimeters.

- The triangles are 3 seperate labels, not a single one, just like the 3 bent rectangles.
- The rectangles needs to cover a surface of 1.8CM in width and 3MM in height. Width being from left to right and height being from top to bottom. That's about as accurate I can measure it given that the rectangle is bent and I wouldn't know how to measure the exact distance of the line. But once the sticker is applied, that's how much space they would take in.
- For the triangles, these are 9MM for both diagonal lines, 2MM for the top part of the triangle and 1CM for the widest part of the triangle. There is sticker design below the widest part of the triangle where they (the triangles) curve a little, but for ease of design those could potentially be cut off (so that the result is a perfect triangle like a pyramid with the top cut off). The main concern is that the sticker won't be too large.
- As to your printing question, I see on their website they mention: " please provide files in adobe illustrator in .eps / .ai or .pdf format. As for 4/C vs PMS, I have no idea what that means. On this website you can see some pictures of their machinery, not sure if that is helpful: https://www.stickerwinkel.com/technieken/full-color-stickers-op-rol
- The 1/8th inch bleed you speak of would also need to be in the same specified colors. I am not sure how to apply 1/8th of an inch to the measurements I gave.

Is this something you can work with?

JeffK

Guru
I'm at the neophyte stage in Illustrator which is how the printer wants these sent to him - these are vector files.

FYI - they use 4/C process rather than a specific color. This is so they can gang up everyone's different color stickers on a basic form.
To measure an object, you basically want width and height. If you take your bent rectangles and put them in a box, how wide would the box be and how high would be the dimensions. Same goes for the triangles. Overall your image above could be used to approximate arcs, etc.
To apply a bleed, you simply add additional 1/8th inch (.3175 cm) to each side.

There are other artists who are more familiar with Illustrator. I'll take a shot but someone else may respond first.

Verificus

I'm at the neophyte stage in Illustrator which is how the printer wants these sent to him - these are vector files.

FYI - they use 4/C process rather than a specific color. This is so they can gang up everyone's different color stickers on a basic form.
To measure an object, you basically want width and height. If you take your bent rectangles and put them in a box, how wide would the box be and how high would be the dimensions. Same goes for the triangles. Overall your image above could be used to approximate arcs, etc.
To apply a bleed, you simply add additional 1/8th inch (.3175 cm) to each side.

There are other artists who are more familiar with Illustrator. I'll take a shot but someone else may respond first.
That's how I measured it on the surface of the item the sticker will be applied to, 1.8CM by 0.3 CM for the rectangle and for the triangle 0.9CM for both long diagonal lines, 0.15CM for both small diagonal lines, 1CM for the width of the triangle and the top of the triangle that is cut off that prevents it from being a full triangle is 0.2CM. Or an easier way of saying is that the triangle would be 1CM high and 1CM wide (without the special measurements). The top of the triangle being cut off is important as the surface the sticker will be on also has this shape. I've added a picture of what the sticker will be applied to.
The 3 wings is where the triangle shaped stickers will be on and the bent rectangles will be in between these 3 wings. This means all stickers will be on the blue parts but there will still be a blue outline around the stickers as they will not fill up the surface completely. I already accounted for this when measuring. The metal parts will have no stickers.dranzer ring.jpg

JeffK

Guru
The image is helpful and provides some context for what you need. But my apologies, I think this is beyond my capabilities.
There are capable designers here and hopefully they'll respond. It is quite a bit of work.

[ iLLuSioN ]

I know from experience that the creation of such stickers involves a lot of correction work. For example, I get completely different values depending on the measurement approach.

In addition, the circular arc does not seem to be symmetrical (there is actually no logical explanation for this). You always measure circles (arcs) based on their diameter.

problem.png

And in order to avoid misunderstandings, measuring sections should not just be communicated verbally, but should be defined in a drawing.

If you name the exact model, it may be possible to organize a neat template.

The reason why your template is of such poor quality can be due to the fact that you have either selected a resolution that is too low or a compression rate that is too high when you saved it. Or your scanner just isn't able to make for better quality.

Verificus

I know from experience that the creation of such stickers involves a lot of correction work. For example, I get completely different values depending on the measurement approach.

In addition, the circular arc does not seem to be symmetrical (there is actually no logical explanation for this). You always measure circles (arcs) based on their diameter.

View attachment 122612

And in order to avoid misunderstandings, measuring sections should not just be communicated verbally, but should be defined in a drawing.

If you name the exact model, it may be possible to organize a neat template.

The reason why your template is of such poor quality can be due to the fact that you have either selected a resolution that is too low or a compression rate that is too high when you saved it. Or your scanner just isn't able to make for better quality.
I understand. It is a bit difficult to provide an exact model since the item is old and pictures of it are scarce. A few posts up I showed what the pictures will be placed on.
Here are some more pictures of the object in a different edition with its original stickers.

I also do not have the tools to provide measurements of the object neatly. But I can try to do so in paint.BC34B7F8-3C1E-4DC6-AA5F-A8393AE4A3E4.jpeg8DDDEA87-DD06-46C5-B459-35164DDF8D6D.jpeg8DDDEA87-DD06-46C5-B459-35164DDF8D6D.jpegFC1CA65D-AA7F-43EC-91D0-79FD6E8222E4.jpegB4D40D27-3F92-4446-B78D-9C2D7E9B40B1.jpeg

39A6727C-D5B9-4AB8-9902-F77BF20001B2.jpeg

JeffK

Guru
I don't think any accuracy can be gained without the artist actually having the physical piece in hand...

Verificus

I don't think any accuracy can be gained without the artist actually having the physical piece in hand...
Okay so I took to Paint and tried to illustrate as best as I can what I would want. Forget the sticker sheet for a moment and let's assume the sticker is being redesigned from the ground up.

See below the illustration of what I have in mind.

instructions for sticker.jpg

[ iLLuSioN ]

There are always a few measurements missing ...
problem2.png
Ideally, the model would have to be measured digitally. Since this is obviously not really possible, you should try again to scan your sticker sheet in better quality. Make sure that the sheet lies flat while scanning.
Then you measure two reference points that are as far apart as possible. The further apart these are, the more precisely we can scale the sheet.

[ iLLuSioN ]

No matter which sticker template I use and scale, I always get completely different dimensions...
problem3.png

However, Verificus seems to have lost interest anyway.