What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stitching Plugins/Software

tranquil222

Power User
What is anyone's opinion on the best stitching software for stitching multiple photos together for a panorama(plugins, elements, etc)? This one took me about 3.5 hours to complete, and it still has flaws!
thanks in advance

G

You want my honest opinion... B7 ...Photoshop.

I'm really serious. Don't expect wonders when you use specialized stitching software; a lot of times these program are just
guessing.

See, with Photoshop you're more flexible.

If I have a problem with an image like this, then I blame it on myself, because it only means that I don't have enough
understanding about he program. Take for example one picture that has a greenish sky and try to combine that with a sky that's
a bit lighter and that doesn't have that greenish tone.
I have quite some experience with Photoshop, but even for me it's not always easy to fix things like this. I don't blame it on
Photoshop, but only myself.
I do have all the books I need but I just don't have enough time to read everything that is explained ;)

tranquil222

Power User
That's what I figured. A lot of the techniques I used were pretty deliberate and willful- a lot of layer masking, linked adj. layers and replacing the color. Oh well, I guess the question is then, where's the best info on doing this in Photoshop???

tranquil222

Power User
Ok, Photoshop's the BEST!

Alright, I figured that Photoshop is the only way to go in stitching photos! The way I stitched the below is a mixture of layer masking seams with a soft brush, transform : distort and skew, curving, selective coloring, leveling, and most important, curving. Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

wbiss

Guru
Great work tranquil222! :perfect: :}

wbiss

Guru
[stuned] Wow!!! 1.5 MB!!!

Great to see in all its splendid glory! :perfect:
It may not be totally 'flawless' tranquil222, but it's darn good! :}