What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange behavior with text

Hey.

I've noticed some strange behavior when I'm using text in Ps.

If I activate the text tool, click on my workspace, and type, everything is fine.

If I go back to the same text and click on it (with the text tool active), say to change the font of size, the text suddenly becomes bold. After I click away, it goes back to normal, but this never happened until a couple weeks ago. I have a screen shot, below, of the text as normal, and then bold, where you can see the lines from the active text tool.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Agent

Attachments

• ps_question.jpg
    ps_question.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 1

thebestcpu

Guru
That's a strange one that I have never seen. Almost looks like it has an outside stroke applied.

Though it does not help with root cause, it may be worth trying.

- Resetting the characters through the dropdown in the character panel
- Resetting type tool and retyping the text
- Resetting all tools and retype
- Reset Preferences (should not be needed yet ....)
- Turn off Graphics acceleration (though I don't recall text being handled by the Graphics Card)

All of the above are of course the big hammer approach vs root cause yet if the problem goes away, can be the fastest way back to sanity. :)

John Wheeler

Best CPU, I appreciate those suggestions. I will try them one by one, and see what happens. At the end of the day, it doesn't effect the text tool, or my text when I'm creating it, I just noticed the change and want to make sure it's not a problem. And REVNART, I cannot post the PSD. I didn't even save it. I just typed a word onto a background, and took a couple screenshots as JPGs.