What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming Effect

mooks

i've been desperetly attempting to re-create the background effect in this image its kinda like a stream wind or stream lightning effect, can anyone figure this out.. far right side you can see the streaming wind but thats only 1 of the things i wish i could do, if anyone knows how to do the background please help me.

gohan2.jpg

if you can't see the image, its at.
http://www.rpz.coolfreepage.com/gohan2.jpg
Thanks

Mooks

wbiss

Guru
[confused] Maybe it's just me today, mooks, but your picture doesn't load and the link that you posted... [confused] well, I get a message that says that I don't have access to it! :{

I'll leave you to sort that business out... ;) and in the meantime, I welcome you to the board! :D :D

We'll be happy to offer up "suggestions" when we can see the effect that you are talking about! :)

Geoff

i too am unfortunatly unable to view your link as well :(
but it sure is great to have you here on the board mooks :D :D it's a party here a PSG 8} 8} so i guess you'll fit in quit nicely :perfect: :perfect:

Erik

Guru
nother little trick: copy the adress and paste it. Then it'll work.

wbiss

Guru
;) I did that Erik, but I still don't have access to the document... [confused]

Squeeze

try adding a '?' after the url, that worked for me.

as to how to achieve that efffect, more than likely a 3D program was used in conjunction with PS

sfm

Guru
hey Squeeze..... why did the "?" work? I have never done that before and it opened when I did that :D

Sorry Mooks I don't know how the background was created
sfm

theKeeper

Guru
Ya, put a ? after the url and it'll work.

I believe the reason is because it causes the server to run a query program, which then makes it appear that the http request is coming from within the domian, and not being called from outside it.

That's my best guess anywho. [honesty]

Mooks...
Try this free plugin, it can create a 'swirling line' effect like that very well, and may actually be what that person used.

http://www.philipp-spoeth.de/ (click on the Photoshop link, left side)

Sanby

Power User
Kewl little trick, I am gonna have to remember that.

Sinedots, yeah a wicked little plugin. I love it.

Sanby

wbiss

Guru
Squeeze: try adding a '?' after the url, that worked for me.
:} Man... thanks for the "tip"... that'll surely come in handy next time I'm faced with the old "access denied" message! B7 ;) :perfect: