What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subtract two layers

arvinfx

I need to subtract two images from each other , for example i have this to images:
New Bitmap Image.png
New Bitmap Image2.png

I need to have only Text of the images without any color around it which is "Test"

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

You have left out of lot of essential details in your example.

Are you suggesting that in the example, the type layer and the background (color) layer are joined together?
If so, just make a selection of the black type and paste to a new layer (Command + J)

Make selection
Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.26.00 AM.png

Cmd/Cntrl + J
Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.28.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 9.47.17 AM.png

If this is not what you want, let us know.

Thanks, but original is not as easy as this , actually layers are separated and i have to do some calculation to achieve my result.

I agree with IAMSAM that a lot of essential details are missing to best make recommendations for your project.
I am sure it is very clear what your inputs are and the desired output yet you posts so far leave it so wide open on both parts that suggestions could take a couple dozen different directions which is not to productive for forum members.

Here is a suggestion. Why to provide the two layers (or a crop of them) and a more precise end result that you desire e.g. a solid color where the text is and everything else a uniform color background, transparent text and uniform background color, or transparent background and solid colors for text, or transparency background and text in any or multiple colors.

The process to help with you project would be clear from the two input Layers.

I think i am repeating IAMSAMs request and I am sure your case is not as easy and you may need to do calculations yet if you want good guidance, it always starts with good problem specifications. It may be easier instead of conjuring a test case is to provide a real test case example for with which forum members can give suggestions.
Just a thought
John Wheeler

Thanks, but original is not as easy as this , actually layers are separated and i have to do some calculation to achieve my result.
You either need to provide many more details or post the image/PSD file for us to examine. We simply can't help based on the slim details you have provided.

Back