What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun Glare, Sun Flare,? Dont even know what it's called!

jessethetico

Hello everyone!

As you can see in this pic, the creator added a sun in the background and created some type of flare, or something that I dont even know what its called that overlaps over the guy-in-the back's face and shoulder... adds a lot to the illusion of realism in this image. Could you direct me to where I could learn how to do this? and, what is that called?? flare? glare?

Attachments

• 2012-08-30_002-1.jpg
    2012-08-30_002-1.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 1
It's a custom lens flare. The designer may have used a photoshop plugin for lens flares OR he created it himself.. which isn't that hard. It is a simple use of shapes, blurs and blending options (usually Linear Dodge / Add).

I have always thought that flare is direct light from a source like a flame, and glare is that light when reflecting or refracting through glass, water etc, though much of a difference it makes, I think not. As my friend Yoda would say!

Just make sure you place certain object behind the "person" and some blended on top. Then blend using layer masks

Back