What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tablets.

DSTM

Hi Guys. Wondering if someone can recommend the best Tablet for Photoshop Edits.
I know nothing about them. I have been told they are better than a mouse.
I have had Photoshop for a long time and now my hand is getting a little shaky. (Senile Decay)
Brand and model you use would be so helpful. Thanks!

I recommend anything Wacom and the best one you can afford in their line.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will read that thread now.
Thanks for moving the Topic as I wasn't sure the best Forum.

Not a problem, the other thread may answer some of your questions, and you can ask any other questions in either thread. Good luck!

Having read those posts and convinced a Wacom Intuos is the way to go.
One further question if I may. What size Tablet do you guys find most comfortable to work with?

For my workspace, I bought the Intuos Pro small. It works great and I'm completely used to it, but had I had a larger workspace, I would have purchased the Medium.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.I will go for the medium.
Wacom are here in Sydney where I live and will check prices with Amazon as well.
Looking forward to the learning curve.

One thing I overlooked regards size was having dual screens.

Obviously the bigger the tablet the more accurate you can be but having 2 screens meant my tablet area for each was halved, reducing my accuracy by a factor of two.

For years though I worked on a tablet area only 2.5" wide, despite the tablet having a working width of 5".....the right hand half never got anywhere near the use of the left but I needed to keep the dual screen set-up.

I've moved up to a bigger Wacom Bamboo so now my working area is the size of my old Bamboo, around 5" which for me is plenty big enough. It does also mean more hand movement but its a small price to pay and I soon got used to it.

If you use PS as a replacement for real paint on canvas then you may need as much room as possible. For my type of work, which at best requires nothing much more complex than a large, soft round brush the smaller size is not a problem, I can be reasonably accurate.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there, a second screen can reduce the working area if you use one.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back