What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text from image

maryphillips

I can't believe I can't figure this out but can anyone do this for me? I want the text from the image I am posting. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 5.09.51 PM.png

I can't believe I can't figure this out but can anyone do this for me? I want the text from the image I am posting. Thank you!

View attachment 133661
Thank you for that. I stated that wrong. I am trying to remove the word from the image like in this picture. So you start with a solid picture and cut the words out of it.

If it's a solid color like your sample, even white, sample the color with the eyedropper tool
Then draw a selection around the words:

1668560221555.png

Then go up to the top menu, click on Edit > Fill and choose Foreground Color - then click OK

1668560350243.png

Here's result:

1668560439307.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but my interpretation of the request is to extract the text and delete everything else. The end goal is to have only the text.

If that's the case, then @IamSam has already identified the font, which allows the text to be created in any size and color. This, to me, is the best way forward. But hypothetically, if the text wasn't any known font, it can be extracted using the magic wand tool. Make a rectangular selection around the text—just like Jeff did—and copy that to a new layer. Then use the magic wand to isolate the purple color of the text and copy that to its own layer.

Here's the text on a transparent background.

Text Only.png

I am trying to remove the word from the image like in this picture. So you start with a solid picture and cut the words out of it.
Yes...........this request was not properly posted and was a bit confusing to start with!

Glad we have it worked out!

Moving this thread to the General Ps Board.

Back