What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Text removal/text enlarged/enhanced for large-scale print

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtc123

Price
Hey there! After a quick google search & a little bit of playing around with this myself, I very quickly realized I was in over my head and needed some help. I think I've put everything needed below, but if you need more information from me, please let me know! This project really means a lot to me, so thank you in advance!
  1. Description: Each time my grandparents (both now deceased) signed a card/letter/etc., they always signed off with "All our love, Mama & Papa." I have an old birthday card from them, and I would like to have that portion of the card cropped out and enlarged/enhanced to have a 30" x 40" print framed for my home. (Still thinking about the sizing, but I think this is the largest I would go. I'm assuming if it works for that size, I could easily size down if necessary?) There are some letters/words from the line above on the card that come down, and I'd like those to be removed & the background color to be even throughout so it all looks as if the other words were never there. I'm not super committed to the card's background color, but I don't really want it to be a stark white or anything. (Mainly want to keep the authentic feel of this being my grandmother's actual handwriting on an actual card vs. a computer-generated type feel, if that makes any sense at all!) Also, it's written at an angle on the card. If possible, I'd love for it to be straightened out a little bit as a whole block, not the individual words straightened out. Totally not expecting this to be perfectly straight because she just didn't write that way.
  2. Payment and budget: I'm thinking $10 via Venmo. Obviously, I'm not a photoshop pro or I wouldn't be here, so if my request is more involved than I think it is (or if $10 just doesn't feel fair), please let me know!
  3. Deadline or approximate time frame: Not on a specific deadline with this, but the sooner the better!
  4. Privacy considerations: None
[I took a photo of the card with my iPhone and airdropped it to my laptop. It ended up being a very strange file format, so I converted it to a PDF to upload here. If it would be easier to work off the actual photo, I'm happy to email that or get it to you guys some other way.]

Attachments

• Birthday Card.pdf
    17.9 MB · Views: 7

courtc123

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong--replying to add additional request. I'm actually kind of going back and forth on whether I want the full phrase--"All our love, Mama & Papa"--or whether I just want to do the "All our love" portion when I have it printed. If you could do two versions, that would be fantastic! I'll pay extra. Thanks!!

Babine

Guru
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong--replying to add additional request. I'm actually kind of going back and forth on whether I want the full phrase--"All our love, Mama & Papa"--or whether I just want to do the "All our love" portion when I have it printed. If you could do two versions, that would be fantastic! I'll pay extra. Thanks!!

If I'm going in the right direction, you would like the handwriting only ( in black) and the card print (in red) removed? The black writing on one background?
Can you post a picture that includes all of the black handwriting ?

courtc123

Hi! I’m actually only wanting the black handwriting of “All our love, Mama & Papa” on one version and just “All our love” on the second. None of the other black handwriting and none of the red card print. I actually specifically want the other black handwriting removed completely so that the resulting print has nothing but the quoted words on a uniform background (i.e., I don’t want a cropped out white area where the remnants of the other letters have been removed.) Does that make better sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.