What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluie

Hello

This is the small 1300px x 700px image I started off with.

10406018836_99e072899c_o.jpg

After some work in Photoshop (very early version) to get the desired effect (black and white apart from her red lips with a weak Palette Knife filter applied), this is the near 7000px x 4300px framed print of Marilyn that I ended up with in my dining-room:

FramedPictureOnWall.jpg

I just wanted to say 'thank you' to contributors here - especially Mr Tom - for explaining to me the importance of the difference between image resolution for Web sites and that for printing.

Blue

Steve

Retired Administrator
Hi Bluie, I'm glad you found the help you needed here at PSG
You can thank MrToM by going to one of the posts he sent to help you and click on the up and down arrows under his message.
That adds points to his reputation in the forum.

Bluie

I can't see the thread where I asked about resolution. So I will thank him for today's post. Is that OK?

Bluie

Thank you - glad you like it.

I have added to your kudos in today's post.

She brightens up the room.

Eat your heart out, Robert Kennedy (sorry, did I say that?)

Thanks for all your help

MrToM

Guru
...Thanks for all your help...

No worries.

Resolution is one of the most difficult subjects to explain, despite it being just simple maths...its just one big circle which makes the starting point very difficult.

Once you 'get it' though it does all seem so much more simple.

Looks like you've 'got it' now so that's good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the rep, very much appreciated.

Regards.
MrToM.