What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The beach veteran and the girl in a monokini - Digital illustration

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work. The body of water and beach are well executed. I especially appreciate the accuracy of the shadow dynamics. The actual loose style used in the painting of the guy works well with one exception of this area which I find to be slightly distracting. But that's more personal preference than anything.
Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.27.48 AM.png

As for comp, this is a great idea! The imagery would not stand alone without the title.........but, that could add to the versatility of situations where the image could be used.

:thumbsup: Looking forward to your next one!

Argos

Guru
I love it! If I had to say something will be the splatters in the umbrella, left ear, and duck that i don't completely understand but they don't bother me either so...:cheesygrin:

jkemp

I love it! If I had to say something will be the splatters in the umbrella, left ear, and duck that i don't completely understand but they don't bother me either so...:cheesygrin:

Haha. Yeah, can't really say why... but I just love adding those little error/details... To me, the most common mistake in digital painting is over detailing, smudging... making everything so perfect it loses all sense of life and spontaneity. Now... I do understand that adding "splatters" and "errors" has nothing to do with spontaneity, but hey... I like just the look it gives... :D

Aakshat

Power User
Haha. Yeah, can't really say why... but I just love adding those little error/details... To me, the most common mistake in digital painting is over detailing, smudging... making everything so perfect it loses all sense of life and spontaneity. Now... I do understand that adding "splatters" and "errors" has nothing to do with spontaneity, but hey... I like just the look it gives... :D

To ME, everything in this is just grate and very well executed. And i think you are correct about the splatters and imperfection. (You need more splatters).
The only thing that bothers ME is the shadow. its not mixing well with the art. its too smooth, clean. and also fades instantly at the end.

9967_fatdad_11_MAIN_1080.png
Red circle: Too smooth and clean.
Blue circle: That imperfection and rough edges on the shadow matches with the overall design, and that part is a good example of how the shadow should be.

just an opinion, Otherwise grate work. :bowdown:

Edit: its disappointing that we dont get to see that 'girl in monokini'. ;):p:seenoevil:

Last edited:

jkemp

The only thing that bothers ME is the shadow. its not mixing well with the art. its too smooth, clean. and also fades instantly at the end.

It does make sense... I made the shadow before I actually did a BG. At first, I was going to put him in an empty space...

Edit: its disappointing that we dont get to see that 'girl in monokini'. ;):p:seenoevil:

Well... considering the obvious lack of taste this guy has... I think you could be disappointed. :D