What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bridge

inkpad.t

Guru
Hi all... This is the first time i have used a lot of brushes for painting in a manipulation, used some photos for refernace and only three main images,bg, bridge and truck.

Just wondered what you think.

The Bridge1-1.jpg

Thank you.

Thats pretty awesome, i would of liked to see the stocks used but either way dope manip!

Exceptional Inky! Very very well done!

My only observation would be adding some flying birds maybe.

Thanks IamSam.

God Dam.... yeah .... birds.... New i would forget something... i always do... took me time with this one and still forgot the bloody birds....

I'll probably do again but forget the bloody trees next time.

Thanks.

Ok...........no birds then.

I apologize, did not mean to offend or imply that you actually needed to or forgot to add them, it was just a suggestion.

Still looks awesome.

NO OFFENCE TAKEN IamSam... that post was meant to sound like a joke and that's me being the idiot that forgot to add the birds..;).

I really did think.. oh..Sh--, i forgot something... Thanks for pointing it out..

This is so inspiring! Was waking up today and was thinking that maybe I should try out painting with my tablet instead of just retouching pictures all day long. I want to see more!

Dalkarls.... Thank you for the kind comments ... i actually only ever used Photoshop for web stuff in the past... I join this forum in Oct 2013 and had never done a manipulation in my life before....

Only down to the people on this site did i manage to get this far... and still learning.

If your already doing touch ups and with a tablet that your used to using then have a head start... just give it a go. I don't have a tablet and have to use the mouse... Can't use pen pressure and the likes with a tablet and have to take the time in other ways to get the same effects as using a tablet.. but hey ... i love doing it , and possibly leaning more ways to do things without the tablet.

If you like manipulations then give it a go...Nothing to loose but much to gain... i use Photoshop tools and tricks that i never would have would done before trying manipulations.. this has help in other areas on other things in Photoshop for me anyway.

Thank you.

Wow, well you have done great by only using the mouse. But I know what you are going thru. Up untill last year I was also only using the mouse, I did try out a tablet but I never liked it and I wasn't giving it the time that needed to get used to it. I was later on told that I had to switch if I still wanted to work as a retoucher in the future since using a mouse day in and out is gonna wear your hand out. So now I'm using a wacom intous 4 and I honestly cant go back, much smoother controll if your going to do painting like your picture.

Keep it up, looking forward to see your progress!

Back