What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the mirror effect

chris-in-cali

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out.
I draw alot, and with things like hearts it is very hard to get both sides to match perfectly.

I have seen someone use photoshop, to take only half of the heart they have drawn and duplicate it, so its reversed, mirror type effect, combine the two images to make a perfect symetrical image.

How is this done?
Any replies are GREATLY appreciated.

I apologize to the moderators, I just noticed this question should have been posted in the newbie section.
My humble apologies.

Last edited:
I have to assume you have Photoshop....

You scan your half-heart image.... open in Photoshop.... with the rectanguler marquee tool, make a selection around the halfheart....

View attachment 3443

left click... layer via copy....

CTR+T to select transform the heart copy.... Then go to MENU>EDIT>TRANFORM>FLIP HORIZONTAL....

With the Pointer tool click/hold down the transformed heart and drag into place on the other side of halfheart.......

View attachment 3444

VIOLA.... A Full Heart........

Right. Just one minor point. Before going to MENU>EDIT>TRANFORM>FLIP HORIZONTAL move the center point of the transform bounding box to one of the right squares on the right(it should snap). Then proceed to flipping. This way there will be no need to "drag the transformed halfheart into place".

Thank you guys!!! this will save me some serious time and headaches!!
I'll give it a shot a little later and let you know how it goes.

Back