What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mother-In-Law

simonwalsham69

This is a photo of my Mother-In-Law to be when she was in hospital as a child. My fiancée asked me to repair it for printing as a birthday present.

It turned out much better than I was expecting....

I did have another scan of the bottom corner which was bent back on the original photo but I seem to have deleted that scan.

Attachments

• original - Copy.jpg
    original - Copy.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Finished - Copy.jpg
    Finished - Copy.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 0
Excellent job - It is time consuming but well worth it as potentially can be kept forever - Bet your Fiancee was pleased with it

wow this is really something different i had no idea this was even possable, is there any tutorials for something which would get me close to do this? would be a great to know how to do this.

wow this is really something different i had no idea this was even possible, is there any tutorials for something which would get me close to do this? would be a great to know how to do this.

It's a lot of clone stamp and healing brush.
Sometimes you can make patterns and use the pattern tool, sometimes you use other parts of the image to fill in missing pieces, and much much more.

img011retouch.jpg
retouch7 copy.jpg

Attachments

• OP.jpg
    OP.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 0
  • OP1 duo.jpg
    OP1 duo.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 0
One more thing, if the image was scanned in RGB mode and it's a black and white photo, convert it to B&W before you start.
Do as much as you can on separate layers.

Back