What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The seamless challenge

tidalbobo

I have a problem with creating a seamless texture. Seamless is no big thing and there are loads of ways to do it for random images. But my problem is how to do it for something like a striped cloth image.

Pls see attached image. Though simple, this has well and truly stumped me
Any tips?

- Tidal

Striped.jpg

tidalbobo

it's the stripes angle, does it have to be that specific texture?

Yes.
Also see the image below. Same problem.
Has anyone developed a filter, plugin or set of operations to tackle this? Are there any outside tools?
Or is this impossible as I am starting to suspect...
Checked.jpg

AbdulW87

Power User
you can make the lines horizontal. then apply the pattern on a new layer and then using the transform option rotate the layer a bit to get the same result as the original

EDIT: i tried it with your provided picture but it didnt work, all the lines are at slightly different angle so if you make one horizontal another at a slight angle.

Last edited:

tidalbobo

The problem I am attempting to solve is general - not this specific image.
Basically, how would one make this sort of an image seamless????

For example, for grass we have the offset filter. What can be the procedure for this sort of images?

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
the same filter, i use the offset filter for just about everything, but for irregularly angled images like that, preparation can vary.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i know that :p i was just saying, i use clone and offset for practicall anything these days.

this one's more of a pattern type.