What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Threshold animation

SCTRWD

Power User
Hi, guys!

It's been a while since I posted in this forum....:) Anyway, there was a question about it in some other forum and I think I can share my solution with you. The task is to animate Threshold. Just for illustration, it lets you do the things like this:

ThresholdAnimationExample.gif

and many other applications one can think of!

Here is my technique to animate Threshold adjustment layer I came up with some time ago while working on some project: View attachment ThresholdAnimationExample.psd

If somebody knows of a better or more effective way to do this, please let me know.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Some basic Adjustment layers like Levels, Curves, H/S, Invert, Gradient map can be animated just by superimposing the before and after effect by changing the after effect's Opacity. Smart Objects really help here a lot.

It's just that Threshold was really challenging and promising...

If you find some interesting ways to put it to use share them in this forum.

Back