What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips related to colours, & colour banding...

theKeeper

Guru
Ok i guess i'll start this area off with a couple tips related to colours & colour banding in Photoshop.

Sometimes people have mentioned that the middle greys in Photoshop are not actually grey at all. They say that they're either a shade of purple, or green -- i've seen green myself, but not purple. Anywho...

If this should happen to you, then the first thing to try is to open the View menu. In there choose the Proof Setup option. And within there, choose the Monitor RGB option.

If this has no effect for you, then you may need to go to the Website of the maker of your monitor, and download the drivers for your monitor -- these are specifically just the ICM profile for your specific monitor. Follow the instructions to install the ICM profile, then the next time you're in PS (shut it down before you install the ICM profile), Open the Proof Setup submenu and choose Custom. Within there is a dropdown menu... choose the Monitor RGB option.
You may also wish to check in your normal Colour Prefs (Edit Menu) to see that the proper option is chosen in there as well.

This has usually solved this type of problem from the experience i've had with it. I hope it works for you too... actually... i hope you don't ever HAVE this problem! But if you do... try this. ;)

The next thread will deal with colour banding in Photoshop's gradients.

Back