What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring a web address

Sark

Power User
Hi all.

I don't have a web site, but have a web address which I use for email forwarding.

This is now due for renewal and the company want to charge me three times what I could re-register elsewhere for.

Just wondered how easy, and how to go about transferring it to another company. I don't have much experience with web related issues, so not sure whever it would be easier and cheaper to just register a new name, although I would prefer not to.

Thanks.

Sark

It's YOUR name, keep it.

Just register it through someone else. Just as if you were doing it like the first time you did it.

If you want a suggestion for a host, i suggest PowWeb, the one i'm with. Excellent support and lots of percs. And... it's very inexpensive too. ;)

Go to the from page of my tutorial site and at the bottom there's a button leading to their site.

godaddy.com can register them for 8.95 a year. You might give them a try.

Thanks for posting.

It seems it's easier than I expected. I hadn't actually expired, but most companies appear to have a simple transfer option.

Just one question...Is there any reason why a UK citizen cannot register with a US company. I thought I'd read something about this in the past. Might be wrong! I have a Paypal account, so I can just go through the steps and see what happens

Thanks again.

Sark

Back