What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transparency lock: u know this?

ApWizard

Well if u have to lock the trapsarency before filling the layer but u're tired to do, do this:

select the layer and press shift+alt+backspace now your layer is filled with foreground color with transparency locked too. if u want to fill with the background color just press shift+ctrl+backspace.

see ya

ApWizard

theKeeper

Guru
Ayup... knew that. :D

Thanks for bringing to others attention though.
And on another note... i never did like using the BackSpace key for filling. Too far & too tight to reach. I just use the Delete key instead. [honesty]

AppleCider

Power User
A filling shortcut that's undocumented, as far as I know:

To get the Fill dialog box: Shift-Delete. There are times you need the dialog, like when filling with a pattern.

theKeeper

Guru
aaa really?! Cool, didn't know that one. Ya that IS needed, for me mostly when i want to fill 50% gray... it's quicker than setting up the colour editor.

Thanks! [excited]

PS: considering how often i've used Ctrl+Delete, i'm surprised i haven't hit that short-cut by accident... guess that's just another testiment to my fabulous digital dexterity. :D

sfm

Guru
I have always pressed Alt+delete to fill with foreground and ctrl+delete to fill with background but I have never tried the shift+delete ta :perfect:
sfm

AppleCider

Power User
Originally posted by theKeeper
[
PS: considering how often i've used Ctrl+Delete, i'm surprised i haven't hit that short-cut by accident... guess that's just another testiment to my fabulous digital dexterity. :D

Mark, how do you think I found it? :D (In my case Cmd-Delete)