What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tried my hand at coloring an image

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i think it went quite well actually :p
original:
amanda-peet-black-and-white_wallpapers_16028_1600x1200.jpg
mine:
recolor1.jpg

Original
black-and-white.jpg

mine:

eye 2.jpg
that on got some filter effects, I'm using it in another project soo :p
comments and critique is welcome of course, don't be too harsh though, why am i saying that? you never are :p
anway i'll check back in the morning, i'm feeling a little tired so...

Last edited:
Its decent, I think you should use masks instead of free hand brush coloring just to neaten the teeth and the eyes up etc , apart from that its good :p, like the effect on the eye pic aswell very artistic

thanks stufflol! :D you're right on the masks thing, like i said, it was my first try so :p

If this is your first try Zeealex then I must say that you did an excellent job. Some mistakes are there but we can ignore... :)

Zeealex, I noticed with that image , the teeth are for some reason blurred on the original ( I had a quick go at recoloring it but was put off by the quality of the image ) if you are enjoying re-coloring you should practise with some High-Res images as its easyer to define the lines :) I find it really fun to recolor high res images

thank you for the kind words agent :D

@stufflol, i shall find some high Res B&W images to recolor thank you :D

Back