What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying my hand at retouching

afterfola

I've been trying to hone my photoshop skills for a couple of months now and a makeup artist friend asked me to retouch some of her photos. Not sure if I did ok or not so constructive criticism is much needed. Thanks!

before and after.jpg

Fata retusare 2.png

teodora finnnal.png

Very nice. The top example is a little to dark and the necklace and head are in a different position. Not sure if these were changes or if it's a different photo. Maybe a little more even tones in the face and neck. The face is a little yellow and the neck is a bit red.

The middle example has some cloning issues on the backdrop shadowing on both sides where you tried to clone out hair strands. But her face looks ok.

The last example seems to be the best. I like that you adjusted the whites. But since you went to the effort to remove the pocket and underlying bra, you should have also removed the wrinkled shirt on her left shoulder.

All in all a great job. Nice and subtle and not over done.

Very nice. The top example is a little to dark and the necklace and head are in a different position. Not sure if these were changes or if it's a different photo. Maybe a little more even tones in the face and neck. The face is a little yellow and the neck is a bit red.

All in all a great job. Nice and subtle and not over done.

Same photo, my friend was bugged by the fact that her head and necklace were askew so asked me to straighten them out a bit. And thank you for the critiques, I see what you mean with the different tones and backdrop cloning.

Back