What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to get a cracked skin effect

aitek

Banned
hey guys first post in here, wanted to see what your guys methods might be for editing a photo giving someones skin a cracked porcelain look kind of like this picture here:

http://www.deviantprints.com/details/11904

im thinkin of overlaying the texture with some kind of layer mode? multiply maybe? anyone got any ideas? thanks

[/quote]

sfm

Guru
welcome aboard aitek :perfect:
yep I would try using a layer mode for sure, multiply, overlay or softlight should do the trick, I haven't done this so I can't give you any step by steps but I would love to see how it turns out :D
sfm

wbiss

Guru
Firstly, welcome aboard aitek! :)

I've never done this before either, but once you've created your "craquelure" texture, I would just play with the various blend modes . ;)

Funky effect! :D

theKeeper

Guru
Welcome to the community aitek. Hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

That's excellent artwork, i love the ombience produced by the lighting.

You can try Multiply, but IMO i think you simply have to make the cracks black. Unless you intend on creating a thickness effect for the porcelin.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Dsiplace filter or not but...
One thing i might also do is apply the Displace filter to the cracks layer. If they're not all on one layer, you'd have to create a merged copy of them to apply the Displace filter to. Simply save a duplicate of the image with the woman by herself, with no cracks, and as a flattened PSD file. Then open the displace filter and apply that file to the cracks layer.

What this will do is make the cracks mold to match the curves of her face and body.

PS: "AutoFX" has a plugin that creates that exact effect. Can't tell if that was used to make this image or not, but it doesn't matter really. It's a great looking image/effect anyway.

kiwi

Guru
I have edited this thread/my posts as well because I used an unfortunate phrasing in my reply to aiteks post,which on consideration I chose to remove as it was not good and I apologize.

Stu.

theKeeper

Guru
Hey... no worries Stu... it's all good. [excited]

I don't think anyone should've taken an offense to your choice of words. We all know you never meant anything mean or offensive.

Carry on! :perfect: