What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turtle island

Paul

Former Member
cool idea, reminds me of old godzilla styled images.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi, I was too busy yesterday to look at much, but this is good. I had to look twice to see the shell rising out of the water. That is either too subtle or very surreal. I can't decide. What do you think? Either way, I like it.

siodre

thanks ibclare. i was going for surreal and subtle, trying to not overdo it. wanted people to see the turtle (tortoise actually, oops...) then realize there was a landmass on it's shell.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Then you achieved it. I like it. And I stand corrected on the too subtle as I look at it again (several times in fact, it is quite lovely).

BTW, are you Irish? I mean an Irish immigrant to Raxacoricofallapatorius. And is there a way to pronounce Siodre and what would that be? If you don't mind sharing that is.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

siodre

BTW, are you Irish? I mean an Irish immigrant to Raxacoricofallapatorius. And is there a way to pronounce Siodre and what would that be? If you don't mind sharing that is.
irish immigrant unfortunately born in america... shay-drah, although now that i think about it that exact pronunciation may have been jumbled by the circumstances in which it's uttered (siodre means cider in gaelic, not the apple sort either).

I'm going to Malaysia, but am having a difficult time getting to Turtle Island without an expensive tour operator.
probably due to the lack of good directions/maps. it's almost as if the island keeps moving.

JgraphNet

Power User
I like this ! Like the concept and the way you present it. Very well done.

The only issue I've got is the text being a bit disturbing and hard to read.
You could very well place it in a straight line along image bottom. Won't harm the image ...

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like this ! Like the concept and the way you present it. Very well done.

The only issue I've got is the text being a bit disturbing and hard to read.
You could very well place it in a straight line along image bottom. Won't harm the image ...

I think O know why you made it this way Siodre, but now that I think of it, I did ignore since it does detract a bit. You probaly just wanted it to be subtle, which it is until your attention leaves the illusion and takes in the rest of the image. So, the decision is, do you take Jgraph's advice which is goo - you could even position small text left, right, or centered - leave it off altogether, or tell us all to go to . . . (figuratively of course, LOL).