What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorial search

PAKMN

I once came across a site that offered tutorials to down load ,using Quick t [confused] ime viewer. These tutorials showed how to create the knock out look . Cant remember where I see this one, any help?

PAKMN

thanks

Thanks leejune. This isnt the site that I was looking for but this is one I didnt have . Have loaded to my favorites already. I will have to scratch my head a little harder to remember that specific site. (loosing brain cells I think). :perfect:

G

The term "knockout" in Photoshop has to do with the the advanced blending mode. Are you sure if that's what you mean?

Even if that's the case, I don't think that a lot of people can show more in their quicktime tutorials than Rusell Brown is doing on his site. He spends even 3 tutorials to this particular subject.

My guess is that you mean something totally different with "knockout".
Can you show us an example?

PAKMN

oops

Yes that was the right site, I didnt see the "more tips" at the top and thought the first page was all there was, Like I said , loosing some brain cells here. Thanks again

Lee

Guru
For my own education, in the Russel Brown tute (at the above URL) under sharpening, one way he recommends is to sharpen first, use a mask to hide the sharpening and then "paint out" just the areas you want sharp in the image. Isn't this going about it the long way? Why not just use the sharpening tool to begin with and sharpen just the specific areas you want sharp and save the extra steps? Am I missing something?

Also, is it just me or do other people think this guy instructs as if he is talking to children in the third grade? He may be great at PS but his voice and inflections just drove me up a wall. Maybe it's just me??? [confused]

Anyway, thanks again for the help. :)

Lee

G

Lee, Russell suggests to do it this way, because it's a non-destructive method (original stays intact) and very adjustable. It's important in Photoshop to learn how to use techniques that are exactly that.

Here or two other threads that show you some non-destructive techniques.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1849
http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768

About Russell Brown...this is what I said about him a while back:

I just can't stand him and that's all because he thinks he's funny and he's not. I think he's just plain annoying
But then again, I still try to learn from, since he is one of the TOP Gurus and he has taught me a lot!