What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tutorials - Layer Sets (Gaussian)

C9Mouse

Power User
Gaussian ... just wanted to drop a note here that Layer Sets is a great subject to touch on. I only recently started using Layer Sets myself.

Two recent jobs (and my own Portfolio) had me pulling my hair out over the 50+ layers I had for each project. Needless to say it was Layer Sets to the rescue!

The amount of time these babies saved in my work had me dancing a jig in the middle of my living room (with the curtains pulled, of course - don't want no old ladies calling the cops).

I have to say Layer Sets have become my new best friend in PS. Almost as handy as holding down the Ctrl key and clicking an object on the worksurface to find it among all those layers!

--C9

Sorry for the late reply... [stuned]

It's great to hear that you're so happy with the layer sets! :perfect:

I know the feeling! :D

Btw, the good news is that Photoshop 8 will have nested layers, even better! [excited]

Don't forget also that layer sets are not just made to clean out the layer palette...

They also can have masks!!!! you could then create multiple masks (vectors and raster) for on e layer (and don't forget the clipping groups for even more non-destructive masking...

And... you can also select which channels they'll affect... right-click the layer set tile for some useful options...

;) Very pertinent and appreciated info Pierre! :perfect: Thanks for sharing!

I think that a lot of us often forget about the 'right click' sub-menus... :\ I know that I do.

also too if for some reason you didn't start out with a layer set
theres the option to link the layers and choose 'New Set from Linked' from that little 'Layers Palette' flyout menu option that Gaussian
refers too in his tutorial

cheers
heathrowe

Back