What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two questions from an idiot.

OK: I've been using Photoshop 7.0 on XP Sp3 but I've never really gotten the nomenclature of stuff down very well... consequently, I have a tough time finding solutions to things when I don't know what to call the "things" I'm trying to correct. (If that made sense, I'll have a double of what that is you're drinking!)

So I made up a couple of screen captures that may help show the problems.

1: I do a lot of cropping, resizing and image adjustments for my website. Until very recently, I used to get a nice, rectangular selection frame which cropped the picture exactly as selcted. I must have done something weird to the program, as I now get the frame as shown in the screenshot below:

0002-081411.jpg

As you can see, the selection frame now has ovoid corners and, when cropped, the image extends beyond the box. When I do a select and paste, the section of the picture outside the frame loses opacity toward the edge of the photo.

How can I restore the sharp (rectangular) edged cropping function?

I use a cheap-o P&S GE A-950 camera which usually serves well enough for my purposes, but I get the following message when opening jpegs in Photoshop:

0001-081411.jpg

While not the end of the world, it is annoying to have to futz with the color settings for each and every photo opened.

Is there a way in Photochop to select the RGB setting aas a Global so I can match the camera's RGB setting, thus eliminating the need for individual attention?

Thanks in advance!

SeniorS

Guru
You have acidentally set some Feater to your Marguee tool.
I don't know exatcly where it is at PS7 but think it is same on all versions.
Find Option panel. In menu Window/Options. Change Feather back to 0px.
On CS5 it looks something like that:
selection.jpg

Everything should be okey.