What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typing issues

Has anyone encountered this problem?

When I log on to PSG forum on a work computer, the keyboard suddenly breaks down and gets super glitchy. Letters and space bar quit working sporadically. It only happens on this ste, no other.

No idea what's going on. If you look below, this is what my post looked like before I edited and corrected it.

When I log on to PSG foru ona wrk comuter, the eyboard suddenly breaks down ad gets super glitch. Letters nd space bar quit working sporadcal. It only appenson this ste, no other.

No ideawhats goig o. If you look belo, this iswhatmy post looked like before I edited and corrected it.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting. What browser are you using?

Your not the first to mention this. I'm using FF and I have no problems.

Rich54

Guru
I've had the same problem many times... it happened at work just a few days ago. To enter a simple message like this requires that I type extremely slowly and hit the keys very firmly, otherwise my primitive two-fingered typing is too fast and overwhelms the website. I also find that the Backspace and Delete keys often stop working, so not only do you get numerous keystroke errors like Agent Moeller's, but it becomes difficult to correct them without Delete and Backspace. It used to happen a lot to me at home until I switched from IE to Firefox (I'm at home now and having no problems at all). But at work we still use IE. Also, at work we have very robust and sophisticated internet data security, so I wonder if that enters into it.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It used to happen a lot to me at home until I switched from IE to Firefox (I'm at home now and having no problems at all). But at work we still use IE. Also, at work we have very robust and sophisticated internet data security, so I wonder if that enters into it.

I believe it has something to do with IE. Have they undergone a recent update?

It could very well be workplace security protocols.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Same problem here with IE11 since I joined.
This is the only site where these problems occur.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for reporting this. If you experience this problem please specify what device and browser you are using when it happens.

I'm currently logged in with IE11 on a Windows 7 PC typing this response to test it. So far I'm not having any issues.

Doesn't seem slow, no missing characters. I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Win7 and IE11, keys and spacebar not always responding, not able to add smileys or uploading pictures.
This is the only site giving problems.
Switching to Firefox to post.

Rich54

Guru
Thanks for reporting this. If you experience this problem please specify what device and browser you are using when it happens.

I'm currently logged in with IE11 on a Windows 7 PC typing this response to test it. So far I'm not having any issues.

Doesn't seem slow, no missing characters. I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

For me it's an intermittent problem. It happens maybe one out of ten times that I'm in the forum.

Internet Exploder, work intranet computer, Windows 7 Enterprise.

Usually won't let me upload images at work, either.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi guys -

Something is obviously causing you problems, so, over the past few days, I've been trying to get my computers to reproduce what you have been experiencing.

On my main Photoshop computer (...a very fast, large, Win 8 desktop system ... fiber-optic link to the internet) I have tested 5 different browsers (including some legacy models) by starting a testing thread in the PSG staff room, and then fast touch typing (probably 40-60 wpm) a sentence or two as separate posts in that thread using each of the browsers. I also did the same thing using two browsers on my 2 y.o. iPad (with a bluetooth connected Zagg keyboard). Unfortunately, I never could detect any lag, missing characters, etc., even when one of my browsers had 28 other tabs open to intentionally stress the system. My most recent results mimic the lack of problems I have had since this problem was first brought to our attention a couple of years ago.

Let me make one suggestion: When you are experiencing this problem, immediately check to see if there are any processes that are using up clock cycles, or HW resources (eg, disks, your internet connection, etc.) that are using a substantial fraction of their maximum bandwidth. On a Windows machine, you can do this using Task Manager (or Resource Manager). I'm sure Macs have similar software. Without knowing exactly where the problem is creeping in, we just poking around in the dark.

Tom M

PS - Also, Vee (dV8_fx) mentioned that he once had a similar problem and it turned out to be, of all things, a faulty keyboard. Apparently, he replaced it with a new one and the problem vanished. It may be worth a try swapping out your KB if you happen to have a backup around.

PPS - I should mention that I once experienced a minor slow-down in typing (not to posts in PSG, but in Word), and I tracked it down to the fact that my virus software had, without me realizing it, decided to do a complete scan of my system. Once I paused the scan, the slow-down disappeared.

gedstar

Guru
Just to add to what Tom has mentioned, I have been testing IE11 on the forum over the last couple of days on two PC's in my work environment which is on a domain and internet access is through our work proxy, also testing on my Laptop and PC at home and have not been able to replicate any of the issues reported
Just a thought but have any of you tried running CCleaner on your machines
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Also it might be worth clearing out your Temp folder, just go the run command and type %temp% and delete all.

Last edited:
Hi guys -

Something is obviously causing you problems, so, over the past few days, I've been trying to get my computers to reproduce what you have been experiencing.

On my main Photoshop computer (...a very fast, large, Win 8 desktop system ... fiber-optic link to the internet) I have tested 5 different browsers (including some legacy models) by starting a testing thread in the PSG staff room, and then fast touch typing (probably 40-60 wpm) a sentence or two as separate posts in that thread using each of the browsers. I also did the same thing using two browsers on my 2 y.o. iPad (with a bluetooth connected Zagg keyboard). Unfortunately, I never could detect any lag, missing characters, etc., even when one of my browsers had 28 other tabs open to intentionally stress the system. My most recent results mimic the lack of problems I have had since this problem was first brought to our attention a couple of years ago.

Let me make one suggestion: When you are experiencing this problem, immediately check to see if there are any processes that are using up clock cycles, or HW resources (eg, disks, your internet connection, etc.) that are using a substantial fraction of their maximum bandwidth. On a Windows machine, you can do this using Task Manager (or Resource Manager). I'm sure Macs have similar software. Without knowing exactly where the problem is creeping in, we just poking around in the dark.

Tom M

PS - Also, Vee (dV8_fx) mentioned that he once had a similar problem and it turned out to be, of all things, a faulty keyboard. Apparently, he replaced it with a new one and the problem vanished. It may be worth a try swapping out your KB if you happen to have a backup around.

PPS - I should mention that I once experienced a minor slow-down in typing (not to posts in PSG, but in Word), and I tracked it down to the fact that my virus software had, without me realizing it, decided to do a complete scan of my system. Once I paused the scan, the slow-down disappeared.

Tom,

I can tell you that none of that applies to me.

If I switch from PSG to any other website, the problem does not exist. So it's not a hardware issue.

Something about this site.

Agent

Paul

Former Member
Windows ten using Chrome browser runs sweet as, the only typing errors are my own making:cheesygrin: