What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UI for RPG App.

SPWA

Power User
I've recently been talking to an App developer here in SA. Although no genre has been decided yet, I have been doing some examples for them. This is part of a Character UI for a grinder RPG.
Equipment-&-Stats-Ui.png

The UI looks good, kinda steampunkish, but I don't care for the font. Don't know if its the color or the font itself.

Thx, steampunk was the look I was going for :) it is unfinished though, I wanted to add some outer details to the main box.

As for the font, it's just a place holder at the mo, Still deciding whether to draw my own.

Drawing your own is a great idea. I'd love to see that. You could throw so much individuality and uniquesness into the app. Go for it!

I like them.. I agree with IamSam over the font... when i zoomed in the image it looks as though there is a faint white outline on the text with light blush to white glow on the background, it might be that is what making it look a bit a bit funny.. the actual font seems to be OK.

What size and res are they in?.. only when i look at them zoom in... the text and the gold bevel and texture around the edges and the box's looks fine, but the overall main texture ( the darkesh brown one looks faded with no detail compare to the rest.

It might be worth while doing a bit of sharpening on that texture, not to much to detract from the overall look but enough not for it to look blurry.

Back