What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates to puppet warp in latest photoshop version?

Java_man

Hello all,

I frequently find myself using PS's (CS6) puppet warp tool in Nearest Neighbor mode for pixel art. It does a great job in manipulating sprite parts, but the one issue I have with it is it leaves quite a bit of manual clean-up work to be done since the pixels will almost always get distorted somewhat. However, I still find that this is much faster than doing rotation tricks on various parts of the sprite to achieve a similar outcome.

I'd like to ask if in anyone's experience, the most recent Photoshop version's puppet warp tool is able to create relatively "cleaner" results if puppet warp is used in conjunction with Nearest Neighbor mode. I tried looking online but couldn't really find anything on the matter.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of any other application that does this job better than PS, that'd be great as well.

Thanks in advance!